Saturday, May 2, 2009

Final Post

Well, I did it :) I survived 4 months in a foreign country and am now back in the States at my apartment. It was an incredible experience. While there are some things that I would change (like my roommates and having to heat up the water every time I wanted to shower), I absolutely loved every minute of it. I still can't believe it's over, and American accents still sound a bit strange to me hehehe. My last week in Dublin was great--I went out bar hopping with friends and then spent 3 days in Athens with two of my good friends, Amanda and Sam. It was the most beautiful place. The islands are great and the weather was a lovely change from the cold wind of Dublin.

Home is nice though. It's great to be back with my roommate Kristin, even though it's not the same without the other half of our apartment here. I miss them, but I'm excited for this summer to start. I still have my wonderful job at Talbots (love those ladies) and I got into SURE (student undergrad research experience) at Elon so I'll be working on my research in June and July.

This summer is going to be a big change because not only will I be working on research, but this will be the first summer I will not be living in Raleigh. However, I'm really excited to do more things on my own and I know that after Dublin, I can handle just about anything this summer can throw my way.

Well, that's just about it. I miss Dublin and it's an experience I will always remember and treasure. But it sure is good to be home :)

No comments:

Post a Comment