Monday, February 23, 2009

Ladidadida

Hi Everyone. I guess I should update again since it's been a bit since I've written anything :) Sorry 'bout that. Not that I've been terribly busy, but I have been writing a paper that was due this past Friday. Thank goodness that's over with. It was a 2500 word essay on the causes and effects of the Great Famine. Easy right? No. It was like pulling teeth. The whole lack of work that I have to do here has killed my academic motivation so I'm trying to be better about that right now and get a head start on some of my essays that will be due in March. Mmmmmm, what else is new with me?

Well, this past Friday me and three girls, Nora, Kelsey, and Morgan, went out to celebrate being done with our essays (they're all in FIE with me). We first went to Whelan's, a bar near school, to hear Heritage Centre, a local band, play. They were pretty good, not my typical type of music, more punk rock alternative, but still pretty good. Then we decided to go dancing because it was only like 11pm and we didn't want to go home yet. So we headed to the Temple Bar area and went to Turks Head, a club, to dance. Ended up staying there for quite a bit. Melody, another girl in the program, met up with us there and we all danced for something like 3 hours straight. It was great!!!!! After a bit though we all got hot and decided to stand outside to cool down. Whilst out there we, Melody and I, met this group of Irish guys. The only one whose name I caught was Connor, and they were all really nice. We ended up talking for over an hour before we realized the time and decided to head back. The guys had been trying to get a party started and wanted us to join them, but we were all tired and didn't want to walk very far so we declined. I think they were kind of drunk, but then again that's pretty typical of Irish boys at 3:30am :)

All Saturday I stayed in because my legs were screaming at me and it was a little painful to move around. It's been awhile since I've gone out like that considering I don't go out that much. However, when I do I go all out hehehehe. Yesterday, Nora and I hung out and watched a movie because it was kind of a blah day (it rained for a little bit, which is out of the ordinary because it hasn't really rained all this past week).

Today I'm trying to be a little productive because I have 3 essays due in March and March is going to be my busiest month. This coming weekend I'm going to England to visit Lauren and Lauren in Brighton and see London, the following Saturday Briana arrives for a week and that Sunday Kyle arrives for a week. Then the following Sunday Lauren and Lauren arrive to visit and then that Thursday morning I'm leaving for Galway with the FIE group. So basically every weekend is taken in March :) Not that I'm complaining, it just means I'll have to budget my time well. But that's fine because I'm really excited to see everyone. And then the first weekend in April my family comes to visit!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm so excited to see everyone that I can hardly stand it hehehehehehe. Although I'm not looking forward to the early plane arrivals. Oh well, I can deal. Well, I'm going to go do some research on Islam for a paper. Love, hugs, and happiness to everyone!!!!

1 comment: